Thursday 23 February 2012

Food As Medicine. People As Medicine.

Today is Thursday February 23rd and it's my niece, Rylee's second birthday. This sweet little lady has brought so much joy to my world and to those around her and in honour of her birthday this post is dedicated to her.

We have had so many good times together over the course of the two years that she has been in the world. She is a delightfully intelligent, funny and curious little girl who has truly been a huge part of my healing process. She wipes away my tears offering me hugs and sharing Elmo when I'm sad, and brings me back to tears through laughter just being her funny and cute self. Her curiosity and wonder for all things reminds me that life is truly an adventure that should be appreciated.

Even through my darkest days when I was most ill, Rylee Roo brought light into my world and helped me strengthen and heal. Just as food can be medicine, people can be medicine. Appreciate the ones you love and the ones that love you because when you really need it, they will be the ones to brighten your world.

Happy birthday Rylee!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Rylee! And congrats on a job well done with the blog - I look forward to reading more and passing it on!

    ReplyDelete